Are you experiencing issues with Google Authenticator? Is it due to a device change or accidentally deleting the Google Authenticator app? Or you may want to reset your Google Authenticator settings due to withdrawal problems. Don't worry, Tokonauts!
Google Authenticator can be linked again if you still have the backup key obtained when you first activated 2FA Google Authenticator. Typically, users keep it on paper or in separate notes to make the Google Authenticator recovery process more accessible.
If you still have the code, try the following steps to re-connect:
- Open the Google Authenticator app.
- Select the plus (+) sign in the bottom right corner.
- Choose "Enter a new set up key" or "Add a key code."
- In the "Account Name" field, you can enter "Tokocrypto" or any other name you prefer.
- Select "Add."
- Tap the three-dot symbol in the upper right corner and select "Sync Now."
- Return to the Tokocrypto app and request the OTP SMS, email, and Google Authenticator codes (in sequence).
What if you don't have the backup code? Don't worry. Tokonauts can request a reset of 2FA Google Authenticator from Customer Support via live chat. Here are the steps:
- Prepare photos of the following documents:
- Original ID card photo
- A self-portrait photo holding the original ID card and a piece of paper with the words "Reset Google Authenticator at Tokocrypto" written on it, including:
- Full name
- Submission date
- Original signature
(example of self-help photo taking)
2. Send the above documents through the live chat service for assistance from Customer Support.
Things to note before requesting a reset:
- The estimated completion time for a 2FA reset is 1x24 hours on working days and 2x24 hours on holidays.
- The attached documents must be original, not printed or photocopied, and not edited.
- The signature must be genuine.
- There will be no notification once the reset is done, so users should periodically check the 2FA settings on their accounts.
- After a successful reset, we advise users to re-enable two-factor authentication (2FA) as an additional security measure for their account.
- The withdrawal feature will be temporarily turned off for account security reasons for 3x24 hours after a successful reset.
We hope the Tokonauts' reset request goes smoothly and you can resume your transactions.
Information: How to Connect to Tokocrypto Live Chat Service
Stay tuned for further information on all official Tokocrypto channels:
Telegram: Official Group Tokocrypto
Twitter: Twitter Tokocrypto
Facebook: Official Facebook Tokocrypto
Instagram: Instagram Tokocrypto
YouTube: Youtube Tokocrypto
LinkedIn: LinkedIn Tokocrypto